Yesterday I listened to Larry Bailin, author of Mommy, Where do Customers Come From? and CEO of Single Throw internet marketing company, speak about changes in the world of marketing.
Larry is a great speaker – engaging, provoking and entertaining. I haven’t read his book but if it follows his speaking style it should be a great read.
A few things from the talk caught my attention:
- We are at the end of a decade. What worked at the beginning of the decade won’t work in the next
- Stand out or stand aside and be part of the noise.
- No one remembers a great creative Web site.
As far as social media, Bailin had this to share:
- MySpace has lost the race
- One in five has a Facebook page
- 35+ age market is fastest growing segment on Facebook
- Businesses are moving to Facebook in droves